PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
Pasta: packet (spaghetti)
Butter: 4 tablespoons
Shrimp: 1 kilo (peeled)
Salt: half a teaspoon
Red pepper: a quarter of a teaspoon (crushed)
Garlic: 4 cloves (chopped)
Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
Parmesan cheese: 3 tablespoons (grated)
Parsley: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta, then drain well, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add shrimp, salt, and ground red pepper, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add remaining butter and garlic, cook for 1 minute then add lemon juice, pasta water, and Parmesan cheese, stirring until combined.
- Transfer the spaghetti to the skillet and toss with the sauce.
- Add shrimp on top, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.