PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 3 HOURS ANS 30 MINUTES
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 3 HOURS AND 50 MINUTES
SERVES: 8 PEOPLE
Bœuf pour bourguignon: 1 5 kg
Lardons: 200 g
Beurre: 60 g
Petits oignons: 10
Ail: 2 gousses
Farine (4 cuillières à soupe): 60 g
Bouillon de viande (2 cubes de bouillon de bœuf pour 50 cl 1 2 de litre d’eau)
Champignon: 250 g
Garni: 1 bouquet
- Cut the beef into 3 to 4-cm cubes. Peel the onions without skinning them. Peel and cut the carrots into slices that are not too thin (2mm minimum). Peel the garlic and remove the germ.
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Add whole onions and bacon bits. Bring back, stirring constantly. When they are golden, remove them.
- In the same pot, brown the pieces of meat over high heat. Add the carrots and wait for 5 minutes.
- When the meat is well browned, sprinkle with flour (60g) and leave to brown, always stirring
Pour the broth (which you will have prepared by melting the 2 cubes of meat broth in 50 cl of boiling water).
- Scrape the juices well. Return the bacon and onions to the pot. Pour the red wine. Season with salt and pepper and add the bouquet garni and the crushed garlic cloves. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently for 3 hours (small broths).
At the end of this time, add the sliced mushrooms, and cook for another half hour. Remove the bouquet garni and pour into a dish Serve with pasta (tagliatelle for example), or steamed potatoes (the sauce should be thick, but not thick. If not, add a little water).