PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 45 MINUTES
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR AND 10 MINUTES
SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
700g Bourguignon meat
3 tomatoes (peeled if you don’t want to do it yourself)
4 garlic cloves
25 cl of white wine
1 nice tray of mushrooms of your choice
oil (olive for me)
1 tablespoon of turmeric
1 large teaspoon of Indian curry
8/10 Caloupilé leaves
- Cut the Bourguignon meat into small cubes. Peel the tomatoes, scalding them if necessary, and roughly chop them. Rinse the mushrooms and slice them. Peel and chop the onions and garlic cloves.
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil into a high-sided pan. Put the pieces of beef to cook with the onions over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- After a few minutes, when the meat begins to turn golden brown, pour in the wine and turmeric. Mix well.
- Then add the tomato pieces, garlic, and curry leaves (kaloupilé). Salt, pepper, and mix.
- Then add the mushrooms, cover the pan and cook for another 30 minutes. Watch and stir from time to time so that it does not stick and to be sure of the cooking. That’s it, it’s ready!
- This spiced beef curry recipe is a classic of Creole and Indian cuisine. This is just one of many variations! Serve this dish with good rice, vegetables, or even potatoes!