PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
½ kg lamb liver, cut into 1 ½ cm squares
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, sliced
5 tablespoons fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
slices of half a lemon
2 slices fresh ginger
2 bay leaves
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon dried coriander
½ teaspoon fine ginger
½ teaspoon black pepper
Salt, to taste
- Put 3 cups of water in a saucepan, add ½ teaspoon salt, lemon slices, fresh ginger slices, bay leaf and liver and leave it on the fire until it boils.
- Drain the liver and wash it with hot water, then remove the lemon slices, bay leaf and ginger slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and saute the garlic for 30 seconds, then add the onions and saute until they wilt.
- Add the liver with stirring, then cover the pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cumin, dried coriander, fine ginger, black pepper, salt and lemon juice and stir, then cover the bowl for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the fresh coriander and stir.