PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 50 MINUTES
SERVES: 6 PERSONS
250g of flour
50 g icing sugar
1 pinch of salt
Lemon Cream :
150 ml of lemon juice or 3 or 4 lemons
zest of a lemon
150 g of sugar or less according to your taste
1 C. cornstarch or flour
75g of butter
2 egg whites (or 3 small ones)
75g sugarnd black pepper
2 large bunches kale
Making and baking the shortcrust pastry:
- Beat the egg with the sugars and saltAdd the flour all at once, knead with your fingertips.
- Add the soft butter in pieces, knead quickly and form a ball.
- Film and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spread in the pie dish, cover with a sheet of parchment paper and beans, clay balls or a chain of metal balls available in supermarkets.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 180°C, then remove the “weight” and put back 8-10 minutes to cook the center well. The dough must be golden (if not, extend the cooking for a few minutes)
Making the lemon curd:
- Take the zest of an untreated lemon.
- Bring the lemon juice to the boil with the zest.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually add the lemon juice in a trickle, whisking constantly.
- Put everything back on medium heat and thicken, stirring well all the time, you will get a cream.
- Leave to cool and then add the soft butter in pieces, beating well.
- Fill the pre-baked pie shell. Book cool.
Optional finish: the meringue:
- Whip the egg whites, when they become firm, add the sugar and whip for a few more seconds.
- Garnish the top of the pie with a piping bag for example and switch to a hot oven ‘grill function’ for 1 minute to color the meringue or as in the video, to go faster … brown the meringue with a blowtorch.